When setting your radius in the back-end, you will need to choose one of these options; Search Radius or Default radius.
Lets look at Radius based search first.
Radius Based Search:
When a user enters something into the search box, the app first tries to find ‘the center’ of that location. Then the app looks in a circle, with a defined radius around that center for any locations within that distance.
The radius is determined either by the user (if the distance selector is turned on) or by you in Settings with a default search radius.
- Login to your account from our sign in page or from Shopify Apps (if you installed Storemapper from Shopify App Store)
- Go to Settings -> Scroll down to “Search Radius”
- Toggle on for the drop down search radius to be shown on your map
- Toggle off if you want to manually input a radius
As you can see radius selector contains up to 250 miles/km radius which won’t be enough for searches by large entities like countries which means sometimes your users may get zero results. If you expect searches by large areas, you may want to disable radius selector from your account settings and set up default radius to larger value.
Default radius allows you to manually input a search limit. This is most beneficial if you have locations all around the world or in large countries.
- For this login to your account from our sign in page or from Shopify Apps (if you installed Storemapper from Shopify App Store)
- Go to Settings -> Scroll down to “Default Radius”
- Input your search radius
A small tip – our insanely huge analytics dataset of store locators users tells us that they actually rarely do enter a whole country and instead are much more likely to enter a city or postcode.